7.06.2013

Saturday...

i'm not usually a fan of tuna salad, but beer makes everything tolerable, especially on a hot summer's day...



this is one of my recent hand-dyed yarns.  it is a mill-spun, fingering weight silk/merino (50/50) blend.  i spent the last couple weeks daydreaming about a special scarf, and and i got about 25% of the way through constructing it in a different yarn, but that little voice in my head kept whispering, "Philly"... so i frogged the first effort and spent the early part of the morning casting on (would have been quicker had i not opted for (gasp)  girly picots). and, yes.. i always listen to the voice!




the color was inspired by my little kitty, whose coat is a tonal study in grey.  i love semi-solid colors, and i'm rather pleased with this one.  hopefully, i will do it justice...

1 comment:

  1. I too always listen to my inner girly voice when making decisions. Never steered me wrong yet. And I like that wool color too.

    ReplyDelete